Tuesday, October 16, 2007

One Marine's Tribute To America

I hope you can pick up on this link and will watch this Marine's tribute to America. (Please excuse the title) It's a pretty powerful little "speech".

http://www.militarytimes.com/multimedia/video/badass_marine/

If, by chance the link didn't work - here are the lyrics:

And She called...
Blacks, Whites...wait African Americans and Caucasians, Asians, excuse
me.Vietnamese, Philipenes, Koreans and Jamaicans or Haitans, waitin' Hispanics
y'all.
Please be paitentMexican, Puerto Ricans, Venezualean, Cuban, v Dominican,
Panamanian DemocratsI beg your pardon, you partied with the late, great
Reagan?
Republican, Independent, Christian, Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, 7th Day
Adventist, 5 Percenters, Hindu, Sunii Muslim, Brothers and Sisters who never
seen the New York city skyline when the twin towers still existed.But still She
called.
From the bowels of Ground Zero she sent this 911 distress signal.Because
She was in desperate need of a hero, and didn't have time to decipher what to
call 'em, so she called 'em all Her children.
The children of the stars and bars who needed to know nothing more than the
fact that she called. The fact that someone attempted to harm us this daughter
who covered us all with her loving arms. And now these arms are sprawled across
New York City streets. A smoke filled lung, a silt covered faced, and a solitary
tear poured out of her cheek.Her singed garments carpets Pennsylvania Avenue and
the Pentagon was under her feet.
As she began to talk, she began to cough up small particles of debris and
said, "I am America, and I'm calling on the land of the free."
So they answered.All personal differences set to the side because right now
there was no time to decide which state building the Confederate flag should fly
over, and which trimester the embryo is considered alive, or on our monetary
units, and which God we should confide.You see, someone attempted to choke the
voice of the one who gave us the right for choice, and now she was callin. And
somebody had to answer. Who was going to answer? So they did.
Stern faces and chisled chins. Devoted women and disciplined men, who rose
from the ashes like a pheonix and said "don't worry, we'll stand in your
defense."
They tightened up their bootlaces and said goodbye to loved ones, family
and friends. They tried to bombard them with the "hold on", "wait-a-minute's",
and "what-if's". And "Daddy, where you goin?". And, "Mommy, why you leavin?".And
they merely kissed them on their foreheads and said "Don't worry, I have my
reasons. You see, to this country I pledged my allegience to defend it against
all enemies foreign and domestic. So as long as I'm breathin, I'll run though
hell-fire,meet the enemy on the front lines, look him directly in his face,
stare directly in his eyes and scream, "I AM AMERICA! WE WILL NOT BE TERRORIZED!
WE WILL NOT BE TERRORIZED! I REFUSE TO BE AFRAID! I'LL FIGHT YOU ANY COUNTRY,
ANY CONTINENT, ANY TERRAIN.I'LL FIGHT TO MY LAST BREATH!"
And if by chance death is my fate,pin my medals upon my chest, and throw
Old Glory on my grave. But, don't y'all cry for me.
You see, my Father's prepared a place. I'll be a part of his Holy army
standing a watch at the Pearly Gates. Because freedom was never free.
POW's, and fallen soldiers all paid the ultimate sacrafice along side
veterans who put themselves in harms way. Risking their lives and limbs just to
hold up democracy's weight, but still standing on them broken appendages anytime
the National Anthem was played.
You see, these were the brave warriors that gave me the right to say that
I'm Black. Or white. Or African American or Caucasian,I'm Asian, excuse me.I'm
Vietnamese, Philipene, Korean, or Jamaican.I'm Haitan, Hispanic Y'all, Please be
paitent.I'm Mexican, Puerto Rican, Venezualean, Cuban, Dominican, Panamanian,
Democrat I beg your pardon, you see I partied with the late, great Reagan.
I'm Republican, Independent, Christian, Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, 7th
Day Adventist, 5 Percenters, Hindu, Sunii Muslim, Brothers and Sisters We're
just Americans. So with that I say "Thank You" to the Army, Navy, Air Force, and
Marines, for preserving my rights to live and die for this life and paying the
ultimate price for me to be...FREE!

No comments: