Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Loving the Lord's Church



This article is not original with me. I got it from Joe McKeever, whom I am proud to call my friend. I assume it is original with Joe. At any rate, I have a copy of this article framed and on my office wall. I also have a framed copy on the wall in the "crossroads" section of the building with connects the worship center with the educational and office wing of the church. I do not know how many of our folks have stopped to read it, but it is so powerful that I wanted to reproduce it here for the folks who hit this blog from time to time.



Many folks still think of the church as buildings of wood or bricks and mortar. Nothing could be farther from the true concept of the church. The church is the bride of Christ. It is a fellowship of believers. A group of Christ Followers who are united to fulfill the Great Commission of Jesus Christ.

How do you feel about the church and how you relate to it? Here is what Joe wrote. They are words that every member should take to heart.


Since I love the church, I will be careful how I treat it.

Since I love the church, I will honor the people who make up its membership.



Since I love the church, I will not hurt its members trying to get my way.



Since I love the church, I will pray for its members and its ministry.



Since I love the church, I will deal with problems quickly and healthily.



Since I love the church, I will work for its unity and strive for its effectiveness.



Since I love the church, I will guard its reputation in the community.



Since I love the church, I will be careful of my own actions in the community since I am one of its members and people will make decisions about this church based on what I do and say.



Since I love the church, I will pour myself into making it stronger, its members more Christlike, and myself a better example.

No comments: