- What If We All Were Of One Mind?
- What If We All Showed Love?
- What If We Were All Led By One Spirit?
- What If We Had One Purpose?
I only got in on the last part of Florida Pastor, Mike Landry's early morning message, but I caught all the rest of them today. It's hard to say which speaker I enjoyed most, as each was different and each had their own perspective on the theme. The one common thread was the powerful anointing of the Holy Spirit on each of the messages. The speakers we heard today were:
- Ed Stetzer of LifeWay Research (Pictured above)
- Francis Chan, a Pastor from Simi Valley California
- Tom Eliff, pastor and author from Oklahoma City
- Michael Catt, Georgia pastor and producer of the movies "Facing the Giants" and "Fireproof"
- Fred Luter, Jr. Pastor of Franklin Avenue Baptist in New Orleans (pictured here)
- Mike Huckabee, former Arkansas pastor, Governor, and Presidential Candidate, and host of "Huckabee" on Fox News Channel
- Alvin Reid, professor of Evangelism at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- David Platt, Pastor of the Church at Brook Hills, Birmingham, AL (pictured below)
- Johnny Hunt, Pastor FBC Woodstock, GA and current President of the SBC
We were also blessed by the encouraging ministry of Dennis Swanberg who helped us laugh at ourselves a little bit. That is good medicine too.
My heart has been convicted today in several areas, and I have recommitted myself to focus on the Mission God has given me, to love and care for the flock of Westmoreland Baptist Church. And to be renewed in our commitment to evangelism.
One major happening was a special offering taken late in the evening session to help with the Lottie Moon Offering for International Missions. Right now the IMB has 2,000 candidates for the mission field, but only the finances to send 300 to the field. To the amazement of all in attendance, the offering totalled over $46,000!