Monday, July 2, 2007

Happy Independence Day!

I'm going to be out of the blogosphere for the next five days or so, while Linda and I are on a short vacation (see previous post). However, I want to wish everyone a happy and safe 4th of July holiday.

We in the U.S.A. are so blessed to live in the "land of the free and the home of the brave." As we celebrate our national Independence Day on Wednesday let us honor America and honor the brave men and women who have purchased and preserved our liberty at the cost of their own lives. Let us also daily honor the one who purchased our liberty from sin, at the cost of His own life on Calvary.

There are two Bible verses that I would pray that EVERY American would take to heart on our nation's 131th birthday:

Psalm 33: 12
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD..."

2 Chronicles 7: 14
"if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

God Bless the United States of America!

No comments: