Thursday, June 28, 2012

Safe and Secure

A couple of weeks ago my grandsons were at the house, and while surfing the channels they came across a live event that glued our attention to the TV screen for the next 30 minutes. A man named Nick Wallenda (of the famous daredevil circus performing Wallendas) accomplished one of the most daring feats ever accomplished by man. I sat fascinated as he walked a tightrope from New York to Canada high above the great Horseshoe Falls of the Niagra River. As he placed one foot in front of the other, carrying a 40 pound pole for balance, he accomplished something that no man had ever done before.



Wallenda had put lots of planning into this event, He had a plan, special shoes, electronic communication equipment, a ground team on each end of the cable, appropriate clothing and eye protection…20 foot balance pole, etc. But perhaps the most important piece of equipment he had was the safety line that tethered him to the cable.


This safety line allowed him to concentrate on the dangerous walk before him, without worrying about falling to his death.


If you and I will ever accomplish any great work for Christ, we need to be able to focus on the task at hand, instead of worrying about falling. This type of fear and doubt cripples us and prevents us from enjoying the fullness of life as a believer in Christ.



This fear also prevents some folks from ever being saved.


Note with me a text from the teaching of Jesus as recorded in John 10: 27-29



“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand.”




Next to the assurance of Salvation, the greatest blessing we have as believers is knowing at we are eternally secure in the hands of the Savior!





If you have truly trusted Jesus as your Savior and Lord, do not let the fear of falling paralyze you in your work. Move ahead, one step at a time, looking unto Jesus, who is holding you safe in His powerful hands.




No comments: