- To spend more time alone with God in prayer and the study of His Word
- More quality time with my aged parents
- An hour in the gym every week day (either before work or at lunch time)
- Less time on Facebook
- Less time spent in front of a television (chewing gum for the eyes)
- A special combination vacation/40th Anniversary trip with Linda next fall.
- Attend as many of my local grandsons ball games (and other activities) as possible
- Make the most out of the fleeting visits with the New Orleans grandsons and family
- Less time in the office and more quality time with Linda
- To try to play a round of golf at least twice a month. I didn't play a single time last year. (When a guy is too busy to play golf - he's just too busy!)
- And in my spare time - try to finish my book!
Ministry is a time and emotion consuming task. For someone like me, who borders on workaholic type personality, it can be overwhelming at times. But with God being my helper, I want to be able to spend more of the time He has given me on some of the other important concepts that also matter to Him. Two of those things are my family, and my own spiritual and physical health.
Truth of the matter is, that we do not know how many of us will still be around this time next year, to welcome the arrival of 2012. Not knowing how many days we do have, we should seek to live every day that He gives us - to the fullest.
Hope you have a happy, healthy and fruitful new year in 2011. May God bless us and use us to His glory!