Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Back To Work!


Paul Harris and I are packing up and ready to head for home after this morning's final sessions of the Shepherding the Shepherd Conference. Paul is a church planter and Pastor of Abundant Hope Baptist Church in Barboursville, WV. He missed the sign up period for the conference and was not going to be able to attend. But when Linda learned that she could not use any of her vacation days in August (due to registration at the college where she works) we got permission from the State Office to let Paul come and room with me.


I'm glad he did.


I have enjoyed the time we have been able to spend together. He is a fine young man who is doing all the right things at Abundant Hope. He is growing in his ministry and his wife, Michelle is is valued partner in ministry. One recent blessing for them is that Michelle has just been hired as a secretary in the West Virginia Convention State Office!


I've pretty much got my bag packed and ready to check out, but I just wanted to make one more quick post to thank the WVCSB for offering this ministry to we pastors and our families. We have all been blessed to have attended. I want to express my thanks to the folks of Westmoreland Baptist Church for allowing me the time away from the field to rest and refresh, spiritually as well as physically.


Lord willing, we'll be leaving here today shortly after noon. I'm looking forward to being back home with church and family.


It's time to get back to work!

No comments: