Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happy Birthday, Benji


Our younger son, Benjamin Scott Adkins turns 32 on Monday, April 21st. He has been a joy to us. Not perfect, of course, but he's been a good son. We are thankful Benji has married a wonderful Christian girl, Leigh Anne, and they have blessed us with two precious grandsons, Will and Asher. Ben is a teacher and coach, and is active in his home church, Rose Hill Baptist Church in Ashland, KY.

Today, on Ben's birthday, I thought I would share a verse with you that I wrote about him thirty years ago!
"Benji"
Little Benji's quite a guy
With curly hair and spirits high;
A bouncy step - variety!
The spice of life for Mom and me.
He's so much like his brother, Jay,
Yet different in a special way.
Those twinkling eyes just seem to tell,
He'll win your heart and do it well!
I guess sometimes it's hard to be
Just two years old - not quite three.
But Benji does his best, you know
To win the spotlight - steal the show.
Each night he meets me at the door,
Same question as the night before;
(Almost as I park the car)
"Daddy bring me candy bar?"
In quiet times I talk to God
And tell Him that I find it odd;
That He's blessed me, 'spite all my sin,
With number two son, Little Ben.
- C.J. Adkins
August, 1978


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey CJ. I love that poem. It's really good. By the way, I have a blog now.

alexandria-nicole.blogspot.com

Check it out!
--Alexandria (: